- There are more than 100 miles of water distribution lines in Silver City
- Water users in Silver City and environs consume 740 million gallons annually
- Seven Utilities Department staff are dedicated specifically to the water system
- Fluoride is not added to Silver City drinking water, as it occurs naturally at optimal levels
- Though chlorine is used to disinfect the water supply and protect from cholera, typhoid and other water-borne illness, it is present at maximum amounts of 0.73 parts per million.
Annual Drinking Water Report
The Town of Silver City Utilities Department publishes an annual drinking water report, which provides consumers with water sample results for the presence of:
- Chlorine Levels
- Heavy Metals
- Nitrates and Nitrites
- Radium and Uranium
Reports are available at city hall, and at the Utilities Department, at the City Hall Annex. For more information, contact the Utilities Department at 575-534-6365.