Community Development Department Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Community Development Department, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Starting Your Business: Permitting a Food Truck
1. Provide documentation of inspection and approval by the NM Environment Department for the preparation of food in the food truck.
2. Provide documentation of inspection of the food truck and approval by the Silver City Fire Marshall. (Fire suppression system, exit accommodation, provisions for use of propane, etc.)
3. Provide documentation of ownership for the site selected for the operation of the food truck or documentation that the owner of the site will allow its use by the food truck (e.g., letter from the owner or a lease agreement). Note: Food Trucks are only allowed to operate in Commercial districts.
4. Provide a site map (with dimensions) of the proposed food truck location that denotes where the food truck will be placed, where seating and tables will be located (if any), and how pedestrians and vehicles will enter and exit the site. Include any other structures on the proposed site, including such potential obstructions as power poles, trees, and fences. The Chief of Police must approve the proposed circulation system for vehicles. Note: Two parking spaces must be provided for customers at all sites except those located in the Historic Downtown Commercial District. In all locations, adequate corner clear-sight distances must be maintained.
5. Provide a statement for approval by the Director of Utilities that specifies how the provision of water and the disposal of waste water will be addressed.
6. Provide documentation of inspection by the Director of Utilities and approval of a grease trap within the food truck to separate grease from waste water.
7. Provide documentation of inspection and approval by the NM Construction Industries Division for all electrical connections to a power source and for plumbing connections as well.
8. Provide documentation of the availability of restroom facilities for employees (e.g., the presence of a plumbed restroom facility on the site or a letter from a neighboring property owner allowing the use of restroom facilities by employees of the food truck.)
9. Provide documentation of a current Silver City Business Registration.
View document below, or in a separate PDF browser window.