Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Development of a comprehensive water conservation plan
The Town of Silver City was awarded a grant from the New Mexico Finance Authority in September 2011 to formulate a Comprehensive Water Conservation Plan (WCP) to replace the last WCP completed in 1993. An updated WCP will put the TOSC in a better position to obtain state and Federal grants. After an RFP process, the job was awarded to Daniel B. Stephens & Associates, Inc. of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Research historical water uses, and forecast water use with seasonal variations;
- establish guiding principles and goals, including a revenue-neutral conservation plan;
- develop a variety of conservation strategies available to this area, and conduct a cost/benefit analysis of each strategy;
- identify ways to strengthen and enhance existing water conservation initiatives, measures and ordinances, including detection and measurement of “unaccounted” water (the difference between water pumped from municipal wells, and total water billed), reward programs, ordinances and enforcement measures;
- increase public awareness county-wide and seek input from the general public; and,
- develop a written plan that can be easily understood and embraced across the community
Stakeholders Meetings Agendas and Notes
Learn more about the meetings and activities of stakeholders here.