Community Development Department Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Community Development Department, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
Business Registrations, Licenses and Permits
- Starting a business in Silver City? We have information to help!
- Tax Identification Numbers
- All businesses in the State of New Mexico are required to apply for a Tax Identification or CRS number. For your convenience applications and numbers are available at the Town of Silver City, Community Development Department located at the City Hall Annex Building on the corner of 12th and Hudson Streets, Mon.-Fri., from 11am-12pm and 2-3pm. Please bring current government issued photo identification such as a current driver’s license with you.
- The Town of Silver City does not give tax advice regarding the filing process of CRS State forms.
- You may call your nearest New Mexico State Taxation and Revenue Office, or apply online at their website www.tax.newmexico.gov for assistance. This State number will be required prior to applying for a Town Business Registration or License.
Silver City Business Registrations or Licenses:
- All new and relocated businesses within the Town of Silver City are required by Municipal Town Code to register or be licensed with the Town. The Business Registration or application is available for download in Adobe Acrobat format, or can be obtained at the office of Community Development.
- Business License applications apply only to business proprietors that are:
- Wholesale Dealers
- Second-Hand Dealers
- Gasoline/Diesel/Propane Filling Stations
- Boxing/Theatrical or other Public Exhibitions
- Items required to apply for a registration or license are: a current government photo identification; a fire inspection if required ($25.00 fee); an environmental health certificate if required for the operation of your business; copy of any state licensure required for your trade such as a current CID Contractor’s ID card; and if you are not the property owner an authorization letter will be required from the owner giving consent to operate on their property. Some applications may require a site plan review regarding the location and operations of the business. The standard fee for an annual business registration is $35.00. Business License fees may vary.
- Forms may be returned to the Community Development Department at the City Hall Annex Building, 2nd floor, on the corner of 12th and Hudson Streets, for initial review by the Code Enforcement Division during Mon. - Fri., 11am -12pm and 2pm – 3pm.
- The Community Development Department phone number is (575) 534-6348, or the Code Enforcement Division may be reached at (575) 534-6344 or 534-6367.
- Other Vendor or Special Event Permits
- Various permits are processed by the Community Development Department such as Peddler, Transient Merchant, Site Transient Merchant, Special Event and any other permits that are applicable to site plan review, fees, inspections and Town Department approvals. Please call the Community Development Department at (575) 534-6348, or the Code Enforcement Division at (575) 534-6344 or 534-6367 for further assistance. You may also inquire in person at the Community Development Department located upstairs of the City Hall Annex Building on the corner of 12th and Hudson Streets, Mon. – Fri., 11am-12pm and 2-3pm.
- Grant County Business Registrations
- All businesses located outside Silver City in Grant County are required to register with Grant County, Clerk’s Office at (575) 574-0042.