Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Town Clerk
Ann L. Mackie, MMC
101 W. Broadway Ave.
P.O. Box 1188
Silver City, NM 88062
The Mission of the Town Clerk's office is to provide courteous and efficient public service; to preserve, protect, and manage the Town's vital records; to administer the Town's elections; to ensure proper publications of legal notices for all meetings of the Town Council and the Town's Boards and Committees per the State's Open Meetings Act; to ensure compliance of the NM Inspection of Public Records Act for public records requests; and to provide support to the Town Council, Town Manager, and staff.
The Town Clerk's office has the following responsibilities:
- coordinates all Town Council meetings;
- administers all municipal elections per the NM Municipal Election Code, NMSA 1978, Chapter 3, Articles 8 and 9, and the Town's Municipal Code, Section 2-21, et seq.;
- insures that proper procedures are followed for publication, recording, and transcription of Town Council meetings per the NM Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 10, Article 15;
- administers the publication of legal notices for all Town Council meetings and all of the Town's Boards and Committees;
- processes public records requests per NM Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2;
- serves as the official custodian of Town records and ensures proper records management based on the State Records Retention and Disposition Schedules;
- responsible for codification of the Town's Code of Ordinances;
- assists Town officials in the development and introduction of Town ordinances and resolutions;
- orderly processing of legislation;
- ensures proper processing of liquor license applications and applications for Special Dispenser Permits and Public Celebration Permits;
- provides support to the Chair of each of the Town's Boards and Committees, responds to their inquiries regarding the NM Open Meetings Act, and advertises vacancies, etc.;
- processes external funding applications and reimbursement;
- processes Lodger's Tax reimbursements;
- provides support for the Town Council, the Town Manager, the Town Attorney, and other Town staff as needed;
- administers the Town's website;
- secretary of the Town's Cemetery Board; and a
- member of the Oversight Committee for the Town's Identity Theft Prevention Program