Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Finance Department
To record, analyze, monitor, manage, and maintain the Town's financial resources in a sound and efficient manner, and to report on this financial activity in an effective and timely manner.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- To provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- To continually strive for accurate meter readings and account billings
- To provide Management, Agencies, Council Members, and Auditors with sound, reliable information
- To keep up with new technology to accommodate the Town's growth and future requirements
- To comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to financial administration and GAPP (generally accepted accounting principles)
- To comply with grant award requirements and reporting
- To prepare timely check runs for vendor payments
- To prepare timely payroll runs for Town employees
- To assist, train, & monitor that proper Procurement guidelines are followed for Town purchases
DESCRIPTION & SUMMARY OF SERVICES:
The Finance Department provides a wide range of services to both internal and external customers and its employees. A summary of Departments and services follows:
Administration & Accounting Division
- Oversees department divisions
- Prepares Yearly Budgets
- Prepares Monthly, Quarterly, & End-of-Year Closing
- Prepares Quarterly & Yearly DFA Reports
- Manages Investments
- Prepares other daily & monthly routines to keep Internal Control requirements in place
- Manages and prepares Bid Proposals, Quotes, & Contracts
- Maintains Town's Purchasing Card Process
Accounts Payable Division
- Prepares weekly vendor checks
- Maintains NTTC & W-9 Town files
- Manages Bi-weekly Town Payrolls
- Maintains Employee Payroll Requests (Direct Deposit, Utility Payment, etc) and related files
- Prepares End-of-Year W-2 and 1099 forms
- Prepares Gross Receipts Monthly reporting
Utility Billing Division
- Maintains & Bills for Customer Utility/Water accounts
- Maintains Memory Lane Cemetery Records & Billing
- Maintains & Bills for Other Town service charges
- Responsible for monthly meter readings and maintenance
All divisions are included in the General Budget, except for the last two, Utility Billing & Meters, which are included in the Water/Sewer Enterprise Fund.