Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
To assist vendors and Town employees in following the Procurement Code to ensure that all Town purchases are within those guidelines.
Professional Services-same applies only greater than $50,000 goes out for proposals.
- $0- $5,000 Best obtainable price, most advantageous to the Town.
- $5,001-$24,999 Three signed written quotes
- $25,000 and greater goes out to bid.
BIDS VERSUS RFPs:
BIDS are issued for purchases including construction of $25,000 or greater. Bids are read out loud at opening and then a recommendation is taken to the Town Council for approval.
RFPS are issued for professional services of $50,000 or greater. A list of vendors who submitted proposals are read out loud on the due date and time for the proposal, and at this time, this is the only information available for public record. Once the proposals are reviewed by an established committee, a recommendation is taken to the Town Council for approval.
Phone: (575) 534-6373
Fax: (575) 534-6377
- Department of Defense Per Diem Rates
- Rand Mc Nally website to obtain mileage for travel
- New Mexico State Purchasing Division General Services Division
- New Mexico Public Procurement Association (NMPPA)
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)
- Contractor Disclosure effective May 17, 2006
- Campaign Contribution Disclosure Form