Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Municipal Court
- Office Hours:
8:00 to 4:00
- Judge’s Hours
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Judge does not see clients on Friday, however she is available for arraignments, bond hearings and specific court hearings.
- Sonya Ruiz
Municipal Court Judge (term ends: 3/18)
- Jackie Hernandez
- Elaine Lopez
- Shay Stark-Lane
- Ange Curran
215 North Bullard
Silver City, NM 88061
- For your convenience the Court can now accept credit & debit cards. All payments may be made in office or by telephone.
- No cell phones are allowed in Court room. If a cell phone rings in Court
room it will be treated as a contempt of court and can be punished with a
fine up to $500.00 and/or 90 days of jail
- Defendants are seen on a first-come, first-served basis with the exception of scheduled trials and arraignments.
- Proper attire is to be worn in the court at all times. This includes police officers and attorneys. Clothing exhibiting profanity or inappropriate designs and vulgar attire is prohibited. Defendants with such will be asked to cover-up or return in appropriate attire.
- Weapon Metal Detector Wand in use all people entering Court will be
searched. No weapons of any kind allowed in Court with the exception of
on duty officers. Please secure all personal belongings including
purse, backpack and cell phones in vehicles before entering the
courtroom. Evidence items must be cleared with receptionist before time
of trial. If metal detected you will be denied access.