Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Municipal Court
- Office Hours:
8:00 to 4:00
- Judge’s Hours
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Judge does not see clients on Friday, however she is available for arraignments, bond hearings and specific court hearings.
- Sonya Ruiz
Municipal Court Judge (term ends: 3/14)
- Jackie Hernandez
- Olga Munoz
- Lori Lopez
215 North Bullard
Silver City, NM 88061
- For your convenience the Court can now accept credit & debit cards. All payments may be made in office or by telephone.
- All cell phones must be turned off prior to entering the courtroom. Cell phone use is prohibited in the courtroom.
- Defendants are seen on a first-come, first-served basis with the exception of scheduled trials and arraignments.
- Proper attire is to be worn in the court at all times. This includes police officers and attorneys. Clothing exhibiting profanity or inappropriate designs and vulgar attire is prohibited. Defendants with such will be asked to cover-up or return in appropriate attire.
- All weapons such as knives, guns, blades, and all dangerous items that can be considered weapons must be checked with the receptionist at the front window prior to entering the courtroom area. Failure to do so will be considered a direct contempt of court and can be punished with a fine and/or jail time.