Climate Advisory Committee Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Climate Advisory Committee, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Climate Protection Agreement Citizens Advisory Committee
Resolution 2007-31, adopted on September 25, 2007, authorized the implementation of the Mayor's Climate Protection Agreement Citizens Advisory Committee. The Town Council endorsed the U.S. Conference of Mayor's Climate Protection Agreement by Resolution 2007-06, adopted on January 23, 2007.
1. The Mayor's Climate Protection Agreement Citizens Advisory Committee be formed: consisting of 10 people made up of individuals that have an interest in how this topic affects Silver City.
2. This Committee shall be responsible for oversight and assisting with:
3. This Committee shall be responsible for:
- a. Researching what other municipalities are doing.
- b. Research and secure funding to assist with planning and implementation.
- c. Assist with a carbon emissions inventory.
4. The Town Manager will provide, as requested, necessary information to the Committee as he/she feels appropriate.
- a. Prioritizing the activities in the Agreement.
- b. Prepare an action plan to present to Town staff and the Town Council.
5. The Committee shall continue to advise the Town on issues regarding carbon emissions, energy efficiency, and alternate energy options.
6. The Committee members will be appointed by the Mayor, with consensus of the Town Council.
7. Each appointee shall serve a one year term commencing with the date of their appointment, except that one half of the initial appointees shall serve a two year term, so as to provide for future staggered terms.
8. The Committee shall provide for self governance and shall upon the first meeting elect a chair, vice-chair, and secretary.
9. The Committee shall meet at least quarterly and shall report its progress to the Town Council upon request of the Mayor.
10. The Committee, though advisory, shall comply with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act and the New Mexico Public Records Inspection Act.
11. Shall any member miss two consecutive meetings without demonstrated cause, that member shall be deemed to have resigned. The Chairperson shall notify the Mayor who shall appoint a replacement.