If you are a Silver City resident or business owner and your trash is collected by the town of Silver City, then you are eligible for curbside recycling services provided under contract with Southwest Solid Waste Authority (SWSWA). To get started, call SWSWA at 388-8051 to request a free bin. You may also take recyclable materials to the convenience station at the landfill at 318 Ridge Road. In case of problems with recycling pick-up, call 388-8051. If you have problems with your trash collection, call Public Works at 388-4640.
ITEMS THAT CAN BE RECYCLED VIA THE NEW SINGLE-STREAM RECYCLING PROGRAM
In Your Recycling Bin:
- Phone books
- Paperboard (cereal, snack and beverage boxes), milk and juice cartons
- Newspaper, magazines, and books
- Paper of all kinds, including colored paper, envelopes (even with glassine windows), and junk mail
- Aluminum, steel, and tin cans, foil, and clean pots and pans
- Plastics #1-5 and 7 (soda bottles, laundry soap containers, milk jugs, water bottles, yogurt and butter tubs, plastic clamshells). NO STYROFOAM!
- Small electronic devices (cell phones, ipods, gameboys, laptops, CPUs, etc.) NO TVs or monitors!
Underneath Your Recycling Bin:
- Flattened (non-greasy) corrugated cardboard
In Bags Beside Your Recycling Bin:
- All types of glass bottles and jars (with lids removed)
For additional details download our PDF information sheet.