Historic Design Review Committee Legal & Public Notices
This section provides an archive and record of recent and past Legal Notices for the Historic Design Review Committee, including notices for meetings and events that have already taken place:
Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Silver City Report
The Silver City Neighborhood Alliance kicks off two great resources this Fall, the quarterly Silver City Report and the Silver City Active Neighborhoods program. The Silver City Report gives everyone an opportunity to build community capacity and to share information about our Town. Copies will be available downtown and on the Town's and Neighborhood Alliance's websites.
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Historic Design Review Committee
The Town of Silver City's Design Review Committee operates under the terms of the Town's Land Use Code to
Silver City's Mayor appoints a minimum 5-member committee as follows:
- designate structures as Silver City Landmark Structures pursuant to the procedures set forth in the Town's Code of Ordinances,
- consult with owners of designated landmark structures to determine if proposed internal or external modifications will compromise the historical character of the structure, and
- adopt such bylaws, rules of conduct and design as required for this mission.
- Members must have a demonstrated interest in historic preservation;
- 1 member must be an architect with experience in the modification or restoration of historic structures;
- 1 member must be a building contractor with experience in the modification or restoration of historic structures;
- 1 member must be a resident of one of the 4 historic districts;
- 1 member must be the Community Development Director;
- 1 member must be the Silver City Museum Director.
Learn more about the HDRC in the Code of Ordinances.
The Historic Design Review Committee reviews applications for murals and any new construction in the Historic Overlay Zoning Districts. New construction in a historic district shall conform to design standards set forth in Section 4.2.6 of the Town of Silver City Land Use Code of 2010. For the meeting schedule, agendas and minutes please see the links above. For all other inquiries and for application materials, please contact the Community Development Department at (575) 534-6348.