Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
CDL Drivers Needed!!
The Town of Silver City's Public Works and Utilities departments are struggling to find enough qualified CDL-certified drivers for garbage and recycling pick-up, as well as for operating certain air-brake vehicles used in managing town utility services. Learn more!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
March 25 Town Council meeting with Public Hearing
March 25, 2014, 6:00 PM
Meeting Legal Notice
Meeting video. Press above to play.
View minutes below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND READING OF MISSION STATEMENT
"Grant County Trails Month" - April 2014 4. PUBLIC INPUT 5. COUNCIL COMMENTS6. CHANGES TO AGENDA7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
• Regular Meeting – March 11, 20148. REPORTS
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Presentation by Mimbres Film LLC regarding film liaison endorsement.
- Presentation by Ted Presler of the Western Institute of Lifelong Learning about a community program about domestic violence in Grant County that will be held on March 26, 2014 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the WNMU Miller Library Forum Area.
- Community Development Department and Finance Department reports.
- Staff reports.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS11. NEW BUSINESS
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-13: a Resolution to vacate part of the Chloride Street right-of-way lying between Blocks 204 and 205, Fraser’s Survey, comprising 12,371 sq. ft. or 0.284 acre, requested by Western New Mexico University.
- Approval / Disapproval of 2 Public Celebration Permit Applications for the SRAM Tour of the Gila Bicycle Race Beer & Spirit Garden on May 3, 2014 at 703 N. Bullard St., Silver City, NM. License Holders are:
- Little Toad Creek Distillery, License # 63004, 1122 Hwy. 35, Mimbres, NM 88049.
- Little Toad Creek Brewery, License # 67021, 1122 Hwy. 35, Mimbres, NM 88049.
- Approval / Disapproval of 1 Public Celebration Permit Application for the Archaeological Society of New Mexico's Annual Meeting on April 11-12, 2014 at the Murray Hotel, 200 N. Broadway, Silver City, NM. Liquor License Holder: La Esperanza Vineyard, LCC, License #6148, 100 De Lao, San Lorenzo, NM 88041.
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-14: a Resolution supporting the designation of the Town of Silver City as a Gateway Community to the Continental Divide Trail System.
- Presentation with opportunity for public input of the Waterworks Project and the EPA Brownfields Grant awarded October 2013 for cleanup of lead/asbestos/bat guano in the Waterworks building, and an Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA). There will be an opportunity for public comment on the project in general as well as the cleanup alternatives.
- Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.