Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
CDL Drivers Needed!!
The Town of Silver City's Public Works and Utilities departments are struggling to find enough qualified CDL-certified drivers for garbage and recycling pick-up, as well as for operating certain air-brake vehicles used in managing town utility services. Learn more!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
July 22 Town Council meeting
July 22, 2014, 6:00 PM
Meeting Legal Notice
Meeting video. Press above to play.
View minutes below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND READING OF MISSION STATEMENT2. CEREMONIES
3. PROCLAMATIONS 4. PUBLIC INPUT
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS6. CHANGES TO AGENDA7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS 10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS11. NEW BUSINESS
- Year-end tourism report from George Julian Dworin, Executive Director of the Silver City Arts and Cultural District.
- Quarterly Final 2014 Report of the Silver City Visitors Center by Cissy McAndrew, Executive Director of the Southwest NM Green Chamber of Commerce.
- Staff reports.
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-27: a Resolution of the Town of Silver City ratifying a certain agreement between the Town of Silver City and the Southwest New Mexico Council of Governments, dated July 22, 2014, and authorizing the execution of same by the proper official of the Town of Silver City.
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-25: a Resolution amending the approved and adopted budget for the Fiscal Year commencing July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014, and for Municipal Purpose in the Town of Silver City, New Mexico, transferring and appropriating funds thereof.
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-26: approval and adoption of the Budget for the Fiscal Year commencing July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015.
- Approval / Disapproval of Bid #14/15-1: Silco Interior Renovations.
- Discuss and vote on whether to change the Town Council meeting scheduled for August 26, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. to August 20, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.