Open Meetings Act Compliance
Public access to the proceedings and decision-making processes of governmental boards, agencies and commissions is an essential element of a properly
functioning democracy. We believe strongly in open government. Meetings held by public officials to discuss public business, particularly when conducted with the public taxpayers’ money, are the taxpayers’ business. The Open Meetings Act is one of New Mexico’s 'good government' laws, and it deserves the full support of all New Mexicans.
Learn more about the Open Meetings Act!
CDL Drivers Needed!!
The Town of Silver City's Public Works and Utilities departments are struggling to find enough qualified CDL-certified drivers for garbage and recycling pick-up, as well as for operating certain air-brake vehicles used in managing town utility services. Learn more!
Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
<-- All meeting agendas and minutes.
March 11 Town Council meeting
March 11, 2014, 6:00 PM
Meeting Legal Notice
Meeting video. Press above to play.
View minutes below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND READING OF MISSION STATEMENT
4. PUBLIC INPUT
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. CHANGES TO AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES 8. REPORTS
- Presentation by the Continental Divide Trail Coalition regarding Gateway Community designation of Silver City.
- Staff reports.
9. ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS
11. UNFINISHED BUSINESS12. NEW BUSINESS
- Approval / Disapproval of Special Dispenser Permit Application for the Rotary Benefit Auction on April 26, 2014 from 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm at the Grant County Veterans' Memorial Business and Conference Center, 3031 Hwy. 180 E., Silver City, NM. Liquor License Holder: Snappy Mart #204, Owner name: W&N Enterprises, Inc., 206 N. Hudson, Silver City, NM.
- Approval / Disapproval of Notice of Intent Ordinance No. 1227: an Ordinance permitting the donation and transfer of certain real property, commonly known as the "vacated portion of Chloride Street" to Western New Mexico University, all pursuant to Chapter 48, Section 48-24 of the Town of Silver City Municipal Code.
- Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2014-12: Budget Adjustment for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
View agenda below, or in a separate PDF browser window.
Meeting Legal Notice
View legal notice below, or in a separate PDF browser window.