Have your say!
We also welcome
comments on the Town's web site and other issues!
Opt in to the County's Reverse Emergency Notification System!
An anonymous donor has funded the purchase of a Reverse Emergency Notification System for Grant County. Register your phones, cell phones and email addresses to receive alerts of evacuations, emergency events, road closures and other significant events. The link below will take you to Grant County's Reverse Emergency Notification System for the County. Learn more!
Silver City has updated its annual Parks and Activity Directory, a booklet with information for all ages about all kinds of activity opportunities available in Silver City. Learn more!
Learn more about wildfire dangers and how to create defensible spaces around your home, business and property. Learn more!
Schedules for the Town of Silver City recycling and refuse pick-up vary on some national holidays. See if your pick-up is effected!
Other useful sites:
Check out these sites for information on living, working and doing business in Silver City, Grant County, and New Mexico.
Town of Silver City
Silver City, NM 88062
About the Lodgers' Tax
The New Mexico Lodgers' Tax was originally enacted in 1969 and gives towns and counties within the state the ability to create, impose and collect an occupancy tax for revenues generated within lodging establishments (including hotels, motels, cottages, bed-and-breakfast establishments and other lodging businesses).
As enacted by the state, the tax collected may be used to cover the costs of:
- collecting and administering the tax;
- establishing, operating, purchasing, constructing, otherwise acquiring real property or any interest in real property for the site of tourist-related facilities, attractions or transportation systems;
- advertising, publicizing and promoting tourist-related attractions, facilities and events;
- providing police and fire protection and sanitation service for tourist-related events, facilities and attractions;
- principal and interest on certain premiums due in connection with lodgers' tax revenue bonds
- and other administrative functions.
More information on the New Mexico Statute creating the lodgers' tax can be found here. Silver City's lodgers' tax is allocated by the Town Council with the advice and input of the Lodgers' Tax Advisory Board.